The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
“Contemporary and trendy, with views over Green Park” - AA Inspector
LONDON W1, LONDON POSTAL DISTRICTS
- Social distancing and safety measures in place
- Follows government and industry guidelines for COVID-19
- Signed up to the AA COVID Confident Charter
• Ozone generator cleaning in all bedrooms between guests to destroy bacteria, pathogens and viruses • Increased frequency of cleaning in all public areas, using hospital grade antibacterial cleaning products and anti-viral fogging • Complimentary hand gel in every bedroom • New hand sanitiser stations throughout the hotel • Thermal imaging temperature checks upon arrival for peace of mind for everyone in the hotel • Directional signage and controls to reduce congestion • New luggage sanitising process • Thermal imaging temperature checks upon arrival for the team and careful monitoring for other symptoms • Specific training on Covid-19 and on the modifications made to our procedures to reduce the risk of transfer • Uniform adaptations to incorporate Personal Protective Equipment • Installation of protective screens in front of house areas for peace of mind • Appropriate physical distancing measures throughout the hotel, in line with government guidance • Furniture re-configuration and capacity reductions in public spaces and restaurants • Express check-in and check-out available to all guests • Amended restaurant service methods to reduce close contact • Contactless payment methods available, including credit/debit cards, Apple Pay and BACS
Our Inspector's View
This independent family-run hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair. The spacious rooms and suites in this art deco hotel offer the highest levels of comfort and all include Bose speakers, a pillow menu and WiFi. There's also a spectacular penthouse with a private balcony and 180-degree views of the city. For ultimate luxury there are 18 private residences accessed via a separate private entrance. Guests can enjoy 24-hour in-room dining, gym access and the spa's hot tubs, sauna and steam room. The hotel bar is renowned for its range of whiskies and cocktails, while fine-dining Galvin at the Athenaeum offers wonderful French-inspired dishes with a British slant.
Facilities – at a glance
- En-suite rooms: 164
- Family rooms: 18
- Bedrooms Ground: 12
- Satellite TV available
- Free TV
- WiFi available
- Cots provided
- High chairs
- Children's portions or menu
- Gym available
- Spa Available
- Cycle hire
- Lift available
- Night porter available
- Fully air conditioned
- Accessible bedrooms: 2
- Walk-in showers
- Open all year
- Maximum number of guests: 80
Also in the Area
About The area
The UK's capital was founded by the Romans shortly after they invaded in 43AD. Since then it’s evolved into one of the greatest cities on earth. From a bloody, squalid history to the vanguard of fashion in the Swinging 1960s to the buzzing metropolis it is today, London has something for everyone. There are very British pursuits like the Oxford and Cambridge boat race, changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and an impressive collection of traditional English pubs. And that’s not to mention world-renowned arts venues, galleries and museums, award-winning theatre and unrivalled shopping – all found within a few Tube stops of each other.
London’s royal history is not to be missed. Visitors can roam around one of Britain’s finest medieval castles and royal prison, and learn about the final days of Anne Boleyn at the Tower of London or, for the less bloodthirsty, visit the Queen’s London home, Buckingham Palace. Don’t miss out on exploring the capital’s Royal Parks – from St James’ Park and Hyde Park in the centre to the majestic Hampton Court and wilderness of Richmond Park in the southwest.
Restaurants and Pubs
Recommended things to do
Why Choose Rated Trips
Your trusted guide to rated places across the UK
The Best Coverage
Discover more than 15,000 professionally rated places to stay, eat and visit from across the UK and Ireland.
Choose a place to stay safe in the knowledge that it has been expertly assessed by trained assessors.
Plan Your Next Trip
Search by location or the type of place you're visiting to find your next ideal holiday experience.
Read our articles, city guides and recommended things to do for inspiration. We're here to help you explore the UK.