- Social distancing and safety measures in place
- Follows government and industry guidelines for COVID-19
- Signed up to the AA COVID Confident Charter
Bushmead Priory is a rare survival of the complete refectory of an Augustinian priory, with a fine timber roof and notable 14th century wall paintings.
- Parking onsite
- Limited access for wheelchair users due to approx 20 steps leading into the property & approx 15 steep steps leading to the small exhibition area. Narrow doorways and uneven ground leading to and inside the property
- Facilities: Drop off at entrance
- Opening Times: Open May-Aug, 1st Sat of month. Telephone 01525 860000 to pre book tickets
Also in the Area
About The area
At its most southern point, Bedfordshire is only 35 miles from London Waterloo, so there’s a good reason for the UK’s fifth busiest airport to be called London Luton Airport. The county is one of England’s smaller in terms of area, but more than makes up for it in terms of business HQs and visitor attractions. Among the most popular of these, and among the top attractions in the UK, is ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, founded in 1931, and now covering around 600 acres.
Along similar lines Woburn Safari Park opened more recently (in 1970) and is just over half the size. Fans of old flying machines or cars will enjoy a visit to the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden, a tiny village near Biggleswade. Among the oldest examples in the collection are a pioneering French Blériot XI from 1910, and a number of early French and German automobiles from the very late 19th century.
Bedford itself is located on either side of the River Ouse, and has a large Italian population, descended from those who came to work at a local brick factory in the 1950s.
Places to Stay
Restaurants and Pubs
Why Choose Rated Trips
Your trusted guide to rated places across the UK
The Best Coverage
Discover more than 15,000 professionally rated places to stay, eat and visit from across the UK and Ireland.
Choose a place to stay safe in the knowledge that it has been expertly assessed by trained assessors.
Plan Your Next Trip
Search by location or the type of place you're visiting to find your next ideal holiday experience.
Read our articles, city guides and recommended things to do for inspiration. We're here to help you explore the UK.